Child friendly activities
Back to newsoverview
Hotel Uilenspiegel in Nieuwpoort-Bad is the perfect stay with enjoyable, child friendly activities.
At the beach/beachfront (50 metres from the hotel):
- Go-cart rental: Happy Zeedijk: rent a family go-cart or have the children choose their favourite go-cart. The shop also rents out (electrical) bicycles.
- In summer: fishing from the pier (2 EUR) in Nieuwpoort.
Towards the marina (250 metres from the hotel)
- Play minigolf (Domein Floreal) in the Mauritspark.
- Go on an excursion to the other side of the Ijzer river using the little ferry. The ferry departs between Nieuwpoort-Beach (Nieuwpoort-Bad) and Nieuwpoort-Center (Nieuwpoort-Stad).
Nieuwpoort - Center (3 km from the hotel - easily accessible by tram):
- Petting zoo in Nieuwpoort-Center
- Albert I monument - museum about the First World War
- Go swimming in Sun Parks or the Floreal swimming pool
- Indoor playground: Sun Parks Oostduinkerke
- Outdoor playground
- At the walking promenade along the Ijzer river
- At Floreal
- Along the beachfront on the beach
- Trampolines and a playground at the Beachbar “de Strandjutter" (200 metres from the hotel)
Go for a walk:
- Walking promenade: walk to Nieuwpoort-center from the beachfront along the marina.
- RECOMMENDED: seals can be spotted here!
- Fishing port
- Walking routes
- Harbour route 10,2 km (including crossing with the little ferry)
- Nieuwpoort Promenade 10 km
- Past the Ganzepoot Locks 7 km (departs in Nieuwpoort-center)
By car/by tram:
- Cinema Koksijde
- Plopsaland / Plopsaqua
- Domein Raversijde: museum Atlantikwal